CLEAR SIGHT PARTNERS, LLC
Come grow with us in beautiful St. Petersburg, FL! We're offering a $2,000 hiring bonus!
Are you looking to join an ASC that is providing state of the art patient care Monday through Friday?
Pasadena Surgery Center, a Clear Sight Partner, has an opportunity for you!
At Clear Sight Partners, we are building the region's premier destination for comprehensive vision care. We are a team of over 130 optometrists, ophthalmologists, surgeons, opticians, and eye care professionals serving more than 100,000 patients across 15 different locations in the Greater Tampa Bay area. From routine eye exams and optical retail, to medical optometry, ophthalmology, and surgical procedures, our patients experience end-to-end personalized care and service.
The OR nurse provides therapeutic, effective patient/family centered care according to physician order, in compliance with the philosophy of the Surgical Center, standards of practice and regulations of governing agencies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes specialized nursing knowledge, nursing process and discriminative judgement while giving direct or indirect care.
- Provides a safe, efficient, and supportive patient environment.
- Assesses physical and emotional needs of patients and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
- Maintains accurate records of controlled substances.
- Assembles case carts according to schedule and preference cards.
- Prepares patient for surgery including applying electrosurgical return electrodes, tourniquets, etc. according to surgeon preference and policy and procedure.
- Practices and monitors aseptic technique
- Properly labels and cares for specimens.
- Maintains adequate room supplies and performs instrument counts
- Transfers patient to PACU and provides all necessary paperwork and instructions to receiving nurse.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-service programs.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel.
- Reports and completes risk identification forms for occurrences involving patients, visitors, or employees.
- Reports to nurse manager needed repairs or maintenance of equipment or building and removes the equipment from service. In the absence of the nurse manager, notifies the appropriate repair services and follows up to be certain the problem is resolved.
- Participates in inventory counts.
- Responsible for organization, restocking and neatness of work area.
- Assists with housekeeping tasks.
- Assists in development of policies and procedures.
- Receives, documents, and carries out physician orders.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement process and activities including the areas of Safety, Infection Control, Patient Education/Teaching, Documentation, Adherence To Guidelines For Cleaning/Decontamination Of The Center, Adherence To Guidelines For Sterilization Of Instruments And Supplies, Patient Satisfaction, Physician Satisfaction, Compliance With OSHA Standards, and Risk Management.
- Reports all undesirable matters, services, and facilities requiring correction to the Nurse Manager.
- Implements safety procedures and provides continual vigilance against accidents, fire, theft, vandalism, harm, and inappropriate disclosure of private information.
- Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor.
Position/Type/ Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position
- Variable between 0600 and the time the last patient leaves on regular work days, dependent on assigned area.
- Subject to change according to administrative decision.
- Staff is expected to leave when work is completed.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
Currently licensed to practice in the State of Florida.
CPR certified (Healthcare Providers) and ACLS for full-time team members.
Two years related nursing experience. Experience working with ophthalmic, general and plastic surgeries preferred.
Knowledgeable of operation, cleaning and sterilization of surgical equipment.
Knowledgeable of standard Medical Staff Privileges.
Knowledgeable and ability to respond to emergency situations; i.e., cardiac arrest, malignant hyperthermia, drug reactions, fire, etc.
Knowledgeable of standard administrative, medical and nursing policies and procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate cooperative work attitude toward and with co-team members, management, patients, visitors, and physicians.
- Ability to maintain Continuing Education as required by the Florida State Board of Nursing.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification in CPR (BCLS) and ACLS (full-time positions have one year from date of hire to acquire).
- Ability to respect a patient's right to privacy, dignity, and confidentiality.
- Ability to understand and manage health care cost associated with the use of supplies
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k and match
Preferred Years Of Experience:3 Year(s)
Education Required:2 Year Degree - AS
Salary Range:$30.00 - $35.00
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :